Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Paper, Sir?

While we were moving all our boxes in to Hauz Khas last Friday evening, a man (I'm assuming he was the local newsagent) came up and asked us if we would like papers delivered. Brilliant move, I thought, because it saved me going down to the high street and finding the newsagent who delivered papers. But...(you all knew there would be a but, didn't you :-)), I assumed the papers would be delivered so I could read them at breakfast time. I understand many Indians have a much slower start to the day than Brits, who in turn tend to have a slower start to the day than Americans. Most shops here don't open before 11am, and many don't close until 9 at night. Maybe Indians like reading their papers later in the day, but if I don't read it with my breakfast cup of tea, I might not get to it at all. I know it's only been five days, but so far the paper hasn't turned up before 10.30am. It's just too late. Yesterday the paper did turn up at 6.30, but that was 6.30 in the evening...

No comments: