Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hot Hot Hot

Oh My God, it's freaking hot in this country! You know it's all getting to you when you describe a 40C (104F) day as being "better than yesterday". It's not supposed to be this hot yet, it's not May. I should be floating around in 36C (97F) temperatures, glowing like ladies do. Instead I'm slumped in a heat induced stupor, sweating like a horse! How did I let myself be talked into moving to such a hot place? Diamonds weren't even mentioned as tools of bribery...

But on a positive note, the bath has moved from its original position (upright, next to the front door) into our bathroom. Considering the neighbours like to ring our doorbell in the evenings to ask us if we've settled in all right, this is a much more preferable place to bathe. And I've even learned how to take the plug out at the end of my bath and not flood the whole bathroom floor. When Rod asked the installer if the bath waste went straight down into the existing shower waste outlet and the man said "Yes", what he should have said was "Yes, and also under the bath panel into the existing shower tray, and eventually out the top end of the bath, along the wall, and then across the floor all over your bath mat, if you're lucky". I'm sure he would have said that if only his English was better. Thankfully I was only lucky once.

2 comments:

Ferret said...

UGH. It makes our unseasonably hot sound much better. Now you have a bath you can fill it with cold water and lie in it. Works wonders (until you get out). I discover how much I can do from the bath in hot summers.

Lana said...

The extended forecast has Tuesday and Wednesday at 42 and 43 degrees. Guess I won't be leaving the bathroom then!