Saturday, April 4, 2009

Give a Man a Fish...

And he eats for the night, teach him how to fish and he buggers off each weekend, so the saying goes. This evening I decided to try the theory out with Rod. Obviously I wasn't using fish, because he gets violently ill at the mere thought of seafood. I needed a much better lure (should I keep up the maritime theme?), and trust me, flapjacks are much better than a hook and feathers (okay, I'm done).

Rod loves flapjacks. To be honest, we all do. But when I make flapjacks, only he suggests I hide the tin where the kids can't get to it. For the sake of parental unity, and because Thalia reads this, I won't say if I do or not...

Rod's not the world's greatest cook. He can fry eggs, and make toast. And now he can make flapjacks too. He better not go buggering off for the weekend, and if he does, he'd better leave a few behind for the rest of us!

2 comments:

Ferret said...

And there was me thinking this was going to be about the Grand Prix :) well the boat race that took place instead :)

Lana said...

Just for you, Ferret. I think Malaysia can be best summed up by Jenson himself: "It was a very interesting race but I still haven't seen a chequered flag without a safety car"