Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Man cannot live on Chocolate and Red Bull alone...

but Rod was willing to test the theory.

I decided it had come time to tackle the fridge. The vegetable crisper contained chocolate (but no vegetables). The shelves had a tray of chocolates, a tin of chocolates, two multipacks of Red Bull. There was also butter, cheese slices wrapped in plastic (Rod says everything dries out really quickly once opened), a packet of what was once Philadelphia but was now possibly only useful to Alexander Fleming, eggs, milk, fruit juice and lots of bottled water. So not all bad...

I moved on to the cupboards. It seems Rod was never trying to live on Chocolate and Red Bull alone, he had biscuits too! In every cupboard, except for the one he kept the cleaning products in, I found at least one packet of biscuits (cookies). When I asked, he claimed to be afraid of running out. There's a greater chance of Alexander Fleming coming back and asking for the "once Philadelphia" than of that happening! So now everything's rearranged , and I can start again. If only I knew what some of the stuff in the shops was, and how to cook it!

1 comment:

Kate North said...

Can you count chocolate as a vegetable, given that it comes from something which grows on trees? I bet he had cereal, too :)