Saturday, August 16, 2008

I'm in heaven

Thursday I had a recce up to Shanker Market. Thanks Lynn, you were right, I was in heaven! Shanker Market has lots of fabric shops, selling silks, textured cottons and cotton suitable for patchwork. I had to restrain myself, noting down the prices and promising to return once I'd worked out the yardage I'd need to line Thalia and our bedroom curtains. We bought beautiful curtains for these two rooms, but they're sheer, and it's too bright in the mornings. Once my sewing machine arrives I'll fix this problem. Lynn had also said I had to seek out a haberdashery shop at the market that would supply me with everything I would need. When I came acoss Chawla Fancy Store I knew I'd found my target. Ribbons and embellishments galore, I didn't bother restraining myself this time.

The rains started about 3, and Gurgaon was almost cut off again. Rod left work at 5.45 and didn't get here until 8.30. It normally takes 20 minutes, but he normally doesn't give up and walk for the last mile and a half!

3 comments:

Kate North said...

ooh, ribbons and embellishments galore, eh? Sounds like my kind of place - perhaps minus the monsoons... Hope Rod is dry now :)

TraceyB said...

Hi Lana
Just found your blog! I have bookmarked it now to keep up with your adventures....
The BIG question is whether you can get TIMTAMS over there? Do you need me to post you some??
cheers from cold South Aussie
Tracey Browning

Anonymous said...

Oh it was your kind of place! I've bought you a small selection - just have to find a post office (which is harder than it sounds)...