Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Twilight Zone, or just crap stuff?

Ferret has suggested maybe I live in the Twilight Zone. Unfortunately, I think I live in the manufactured (badly) in India zone. As an example:
This is the inside of a power board, the kit that turns one power point into three or four. This is the one that had our fridge and washing machine plugged into it. As it had to deal with heavy duty appliances, we chose the most expensive one in the shop. This is what it looks like after the wires have caught fire. The power boards don't work very well once that's happened. The blue wire fed the indicator light. I'm going to use the light inside the fridge for an indicator light in the future. It's more reliable.

The thing I really like about this most expensive power board in the shop is the judicious use of cardboard as a packing device. Yes that's cardboard, well known for its insulating properties, at the top and bottom of the power board. Cardboard, that rarely catches fire, inside a power board less than a year old that's obviously tried to catch fire already...

1 comment:

Ferret said...

Um do you want to send me a list of required fittings and get me to send them over? I'd quite like to see you again sometime, and setting fire to the house or electrocuting yourself would kinda stop that.