Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Cracking up

Strange thing happened the other day at D59. Iwas laying the table for dinner - placemats, napkins, plates, cutlery. I went back to get the food from the kitchen when Keir said, this spoon is broken. I thought he had it all wrong, I mean, how can it be? It's a metal spoon. It came in a wooden box with 100 other pieces of cutlery. And it came from a proper department store in India. But no, he was right and I was wrong.
The spoon truly is broken. I have no idea how Santosh the maid managed it. If we had a dishwasher I'd understand, but Santosh is the dishwasher and she's Thalia sized! She might be small but she's obviously mighty powerful! Or Uri Geller came to visit and I did not notice. Do you think I've been hypnotised?

1 comment:

Ferret said...

Could you have stepped into the twilight zone? Or is someone in the house using spoons for things they were never designed for?