Monday, October 13, 2008

still not...addendum

Okay, just because the supervisor lady promised the table would be here by 6.30pm you didn't really think it would be, did you? She called just after 5pm to say the table was loaded on the truck and ready to go. Unfortunately, the truck wasn't going anywhere for a couple of hours. There's a law which prohibits heavy goods trucks travelling through Delhi during the evening rush hour, so the truck was unable to leave the depot until 9pm. Actually I think this law is a good thing, so I can't complain. However I think the customs inspectors really ought to start work earlier in the day to accomodate this. She tells me the truck will leave at 9pm, and should get to my house around 11pm tonight. She then says it will park alongside Westend Heights for the night, and deliver my goods as soon as the guards will allow in the morning. I've checked the Condominium rulebook, and that's 8am. So I will be able to go to bed tonight knowing my table is here. I might even sneak out to gaze at the truck!

1 comment:

Kate North said...

what really amazes me is how optimistic you still are that the blessed thing actually is on the actual truck which is actually driving to where it actually should be...