Friday, October 31, 2008

First sewing steps

I've actually done some sewing! Unfortunately it wasn't anything terribly exciting, just shortening and lining the curtains in Thalia's and the master bedroom. While it might not have been exciting it was really useful, as it kept Rod and my bedroom darker this morning so we were able to sleep in! I'd bought the lining fabric at Shankar Market back in September, in anticipation of my DSM arriving later that month. As we all know, that didn't happen. Lining the curtains took a little longer than it should have. I haven't managed to unpack my sewing stuff yet because we're using that room as Mum's bedroom while she's visiting. So all the boxes are stored under my quilting frame. I set my DSM up on the dining room table, and had to go and search the boxes for the footpedal. Then I had to go and search for a multi region power board so I could pin my British plug into a power board that I could plug into the wall. Then I had to find my pins and dressmaking scissors, then I had to search two boxes for my spools of thread. Of course all these things were in separate boxes, and never the box on the top of the stack!

1 comment:

Mindy C said...

And no pictures of these lovely new drapes? Why not?