Tuesday, October 14, 2008

One down...one to go

My mobile rang last night just after 11. I assume it was the delivery guys telling me they'd arrived. I assume this because a man rattled off some quickfire Hindi of which I could not pick one identifying word out as a clue (Pizza, furniture and plumber are the same in both languages. So is tractor, but bizarrely, I've never been expecting delivery of one of those). Then he hung up. Then Rod's mobile rang. I could tell the person on the other end of that was at least using some English. Rod told them the guards would let them in at 8am and we both went to bed.

7.41 the internal phone rings. It's the front gate. Lots of Hindi, but this time with the clue word, delivery. We give the usual reply "Send them up to A151". They have to open the crate to carry the contents upstairs. This has an added bonus - as the wooden crate never comes off the back of the truck we don't have to work out how to get rid of it. Supervisor lady calls at 8am to make sure everything is going to plan and I'm pleased to be able to tell her it is. It is such a shame we were only passed onto her at the last moment. Of course, if we hadn't been passed to her when we did, it might not have been the last moment!

The quilting frame is now in bits in my quilting room. Can't put it up yet because the tool box is in the other shipment, which has just arrived at the container freight depot. But I don't need it up yet, because Samantha, my quilting machine, is with my tool box :-)

2 comments:

vickie in nh said...

Thank heavens your frame is finally there! I've been reading every day and enjoying you and your family's "journey" in India.

juwilcock said...

Samantha???? Interesting.