Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tracey Browning's lovely

...but someone in the Indian postal service isn't.

When she discovered I'd upped sticks (again), she emailed me to find out if I could purchase Tim Tams in my new location. Like England, Tim Tams are now widely available in India, in many more variants than I'd ever seen before. So my Tim Tam habit is safe. However, what I always pine for is Shortbread Creams, which she promised to send to me. Importers take note: please bring Shortbread Creams in as well as Tim Tams, I'd buy them, and they wouldn't half melt in the cupboard like the Tim Tams do.

She also promised to send a pack of Bluetac, which we have been unable to find, despite my brilliant description of bluetac - it's blue, like chewing gum, and it's used to stick posters on walls. Honestly, the looks I got, you'd think I was speaking a foreign language! Thalia is desperate to put some posters up on her walls, because this house is really very white...and white walls are something we're not used to.

So this lovely parcel arrives from the lovely Tracey, and some bastard has helped themselves to my biscuits! And they've pinched the Bluetac! At least they've left me the crafty magazine, so they either can't read english or aren't interested in patchwork...

3 comments:

Mindy C said...

How sad! Send me your new address and I'll pick up some post tack-stuff next time I'm at Staples. I can't help you with the biscuits, though.

Ferret said...

Something that has worked for some countries is putting in a notice to postal workers, essentially saying take half but leave some of everything. Dunno if it will work with the language barrier, but it might be worth a go. Obviously the shipper needs to send two of everything for this to work.

TraceyB said...

Bugger!! I've just found this....?? so ignore my last comment VBG

I even had the biscuits wrapped in cardboard to minimise crushing as well? Hope they choked on them.
cheers