Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Lana's Bananas

I feel like I've fallen into Cafe World...

Today I've been attached to the stove, just like the little cartoon me in my Facebook Cafe, Lana's Bananas. While the little Lana cooked Triple Berry Cheesecake and Spitroast Chicken, the real Lana (a great deal bigger but still little, to be honest), cooked up a huge pot of basic meat sauce. I knew I was on to a good thing when the kids got home from school and rather than "School. Moan. Boring. Can I have some money?", Thalia's first words were "Mmm, smells like Bolognese". Not quite right, because I'd decided the first batch of basic sauce was going to be Chili Con Carne. Tonight, Matthew, I'm going to be... The freezer is now stocked with plastic containers, ready to be turned into Bolognese sauce or Shepherd's Pie relatively easily. And there was enough Chili made with the other portion of basic sauce to pop another family meal in the freezer as well. It's a little like trying to keep enough food available to serve in Cafe World. I'm not sure this qualifies as life imitating art, though...

No comments: