Sunday, October 25, 2009

Success at last!

Finally we have an in focus picture of one of our elusive geckoes. I'd like to introduce Gurshagun.

Tommy and Gurshagun are camera shy. Actually they're people shy too. Late at night, when Rod and I are on our way to bed we often catch them in the hallway or kitchen out of the corners of our eyes. But then they run and hide, under the fridge or underneath the front door. Trying to catch them on camera has been really rather tricky. But last night, when I put my tea cup in the kitchen on the way to bed I didn't turn the light on, because there was enough ambient light from the dining area. And that's when I spotted Gurshagun. I know it's Gurshagun, because she is smaller than Tommy. Don't ask me how I know she's a girl gecko though!
Amazingly she was still there when I returned with my camera. Geckoes, like puppies and four year old boys, aren't very good at listening to directions from photographers, so I was surprised she stayed still long enough for me to take a number of snaps. Everyone, say hi to Gurshagun.

2 comments:

Kate North said...

Hi Garshugan...

Kate North said...

or whatever the name is - if only I had something resembling a memory...