Thursday, October 1, 2009

Not fair weather, not yet

It's October already! Rejoice! Why? Because all Indians say the weather is best in Delhi from October to February. That's when the endless days of temperatures over 35 degrees come to a close, and locals start mentioning that it's turning cool. I'm waiting...because it was 37 degrees today, and it's forecast to be 37 for the next four days too. Now where I come from, that's just not cool...

I am really, really bored with my wardrobe. I am tired of opening it up each morning, and trying to find something suitable to wear when the forecast says 36 degrees or more. And it's not that I want to go out and buy more clothes suitable for this weather. Really, I have enough. I just want to wear something different, something suitable for a day when the forecast says 24 degrees. I have those clothes already. I haven't worn them to death since March. I still like them...

I know I need to take a reality tablet. I'd settle for a 28 degree day, even though we're getting 28 degree nights. There might be a 28 degree day in November...

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I imagine the hot temperatures in India are especially hard because you are used to the cool weather in England. When you think about it, it's amazing that the English colonized India long ago. They had no air conditioning, no refrigeration and their clothes covered much more of their bodies than modern clothes. They were certainly brave souls and they must have suffered greatly. I hope you get some cool weather soon.

Unknown said...

Hi Lana,
Glad you are all doing well. Although it's autumn here we seem to be having a bit of a heatwave. Sat outside Costa in Banstead this afternoon having coffee with a friend while the sun beat down on us. It's supposed to get to 70 on Thursday! Off to Devon coast with sarah at the weekend for a weeks hols.
Love to all the family
Vanessa