Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wet T-Shirt Competition

Yesterday I took part in an impromptu "Wet T-shirt" competition. And I won! I was at least 15 years younger, and 15 kilos lighter than the other three participants, so it wasn't that tough a job. But we were all white women, so we were going to be stared at, wet or dry!

Yesterday I went out shopping with some members of my quilt group. We were going to go to Lajpat Nagar, a market (new to me) where they had silk threads, beads and buttons, and then on to Nehru Place to check out some fabric shops. When there's fabric on offer, a little bit of rain was never going to deter us. It's the monsoon season after all. It's supposed to rain. As it turned out, it was the second wettest day this season, just under 44mm (1 and 3/4 inches), and all in the two hours we were outside!

After a while, you can't get much wetter. And as we found out, if you hold the plastic bags containing your purchases to your chest, that at least stays dry. This prevents your clothes clinging to your nipples quite as badly as they could. See, it's important to shop!!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Where are the photos? Glad you have found quilting friends in India.

I love reading your blog. You meet all the difficulties with such humor.