Thursday, August 6, 2009

Newspaper musings

I found a number of articles amusing in yesterday's newspaper, so I thought I'd share them with you. On page 17, one past an entire page of Vladimir Putin's summer holiday snaps (which I did not find amusing, does he think Carly Simon wrote "You're So Vain" for him?)


Bugger, I seem to have misplaced my shirt, again

there was an article entitled "Chinese trust prostitutes more than govt officials". Results of an online survey found sex workers were considered more trustworthy than government officials and scientists. 91% of respondents admitted they'd take government data with a pinch of salt, because they feel they have been fed so many lies in the past. After all, what's the worst lie a prostitute's going to tell you: "Oooh Sir, that's the biggest one I've seen!"
And on the back page, Ross Brawn, head of Formula One team, Brawn GP, could lose his licence after being acccused of driving 30 mph over the speed limit in May. At least the man has enough money to pay for a driver for the duration of the ban. I understand Nelson Piquet Jr's available...

3 comments:

Ferret said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

Lana, glad you are back home and posting again. Have you done any LA quilting since you've settled in India? Are there ex Pats that you can quilt for?

Lana said...

Hi Sharon,
I have joined a quilt group and we meet each Monday. I have been doing some quilting for them. It's nice not to be quilting as much as I was before, and it's also nice to get some pocket money!