Tuesday, May 18, 2010

So Long, Farewell, It's not the Sound of Music!

Yesterday my quilting group, Garam Masala Quilters, took me out for my farewell lunch. We went to my favourite restaurant in Delhi, Fez. There's only one problem with Fez: What to do with your country made rifle...

Fez serves Middle Eastern/Lebanese/Moroccan food, and it's absolutely yummy! I had za'atar coated vegetable skewers. Za'atar is a mix of thyme, oregano, sesame seeds and other spices. I had to look that up on Wikipedia, but trust me, it's fabulous! And I had a creme brulee, which I know is not terribly Middle Eastern...

Here I am with Greta and Alison. I reckon if I only have my photo taken with short people I could look tall. Hey, we all look tall! Alison and her family are heading back to the UK over the summer too. Her daughter Rhiannon and Keir are quite friendly...she thinks we could even become mothers-in-law one day. Hopefully not too soon...

See I've already forgotten to only have my photo taken with short people. Actually, I'd run out of short quilter friends. Here's Eileen and Helen.

Okay, if there are no more short people to be photographed with, make the tall ones bend over! Here's Christine and her daughter Mina. Mina's shorter than I am...


And here's the rest of the gang who stayed to the bitter end. These are the gals with staying power! Alison, Leticia, Mary, Me, Linley, Suzanne and Anju.
Then we all went outside and collected our Glocks...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just had to laugh...I just bought my glock... Should I bring it next time I come??? LOL

What a lovely group of quilting friends. I know they will miss you. I miss you...