Saturday, May 15, 2010

I'm not a tourist. I live here. For now at least.

Here's my latest purchase:

The t-shirt says: I'm not a tourist. I live here. It should serve me well next time I need to get a rickshaw!

The t-shirt is the brainchild of Fading Ladies and caused Raju much amusement!

During the week I emailed the Fading Ladies and placed my order. I got a text Thursday morning asking if I'd be home, as my shirt was with the Fading Ladies driver, ready for delivery. But the driver never came. At half twelve I got another text, which read:
"We had a minor fender bender this morning. Sorry for the delay. Can we come now?"
I replied, "Yes. Hope you are okay".
She replied "All is well. Was scary experience as man was thrown underneath car while we were driving but no one was badly hurt."
She's definitely no tourist if she can describe any event where someone ends up under your car as a minor accident!

No comments: