Sunday, January 11, 2009

Camel, anyone?

We've spotted various assorted animals (cows, pigs, horses, sheep, dogs, donkeys) in the scrubground alongside Westend Heights, but we've never had camels before.

Even Thalia was impressed, and it takes a rare animal to impress her!

The lack of colour in the picture is caused by me shooting down from the fifteenth floor through the morning fog. Some days the fog never really clears, and they're the really cold ones. Generally it burns off mid morning, and we have a couple of hours of much needed sunshine. I like those days better...

3 comments:

Kate North said...

Hmm, camels - does that mean wise men will be coming from the East?

Thought of you today at Farnham Maltings - and guess what? They've repaved (or perhaps I should simply say "paved") the car park!

Kathy said...

I didn't know that camels were native to India. I always thought of them in the north African deserts. That scrubland looked a bit like a desert, but I remember how much rain you get, so no deserts. I guess camels are adaptable. In Virginia, near where my brother lives, there is a farm with camels. The guy rents them out for parades and political rallys. (No, neither political party in the US has a camel as their animal!)

Lana said...

If wise men are coming from the East they're still Indians, because they're late!